Sunday, September 6, 2026

09.06.26 I got it...Welcome to The Fly Barn...

     Ok, here it is, final answer...it's, The Fly Barn. I don't care if I like it, love it, or hate it, it is what it is. The previous names just didn't do it for me. What I was looking for was a name that started with "The", had something to do with fly tying or fishing, and had something in it that described what it is or where it stands. So having "Fly" in there makes sense. 

     So far so good. We have "The Fly". Now I thought of making the second word "Angler" or "Anglers". It could be something that goes along with The Average Angler, but Average wouldn't work. See I, well we, like things that start with "The". Theresa is The Holistic Helper, me, The Average Angler and The Psychiatric Practitioner.  And as you can see both of the last two words start with the same letter. This all means nothing in life, and you may not care, and I wouldn't blame you.

     So then I had to look at word number three. What is this place? A garage? A tiny house? Just ghetto? And I have to remind myself that one day this place is going to be sweet, so I don't want to pick out any name, but one with some class that I can put up a sign on. I looked online again at the different types of construction and what popped out to me was that this is a pole barn. Bingo.


     Now a had two other words that could work in the name, Pole and Barn. So this a pole barn. Now that I look at it I have to wonder how this joint would hold up during a hurricane? Alright, that'll be for another time and post, that I hope never happens. 


     I searched online and found 548 synonyms for the word barn. I again was looking for something that started with "F" to match up with Fly. Here's what some of my choices were,


     Nothing seemed to link up or jump out at me. But as I went further down the list there were a few names that definitely seemed like they could fit nicely. These would be the words that Theresa and our realtor used to describe this slice of heaven.


     Words like fleabag, flophouse, dump, and slum. While they me a true description now they won't be relevant for much longer. So I was left with just Barn.

     When I put it together I had, The Fly Barn. I like it although I wish the last two words started with the same letter. And other places that started with The Fly... . Well we had The Fly Hatch, and there's The Fly.... Shack, Stop, Den, and so on. With my brain all twisted up with options I went to the dreaded AI for some help.


     After seeing the results it kind of twisted up my head. The Fly Barn came up first, but that one I already came up with, but it was under the neutral heading, which to me, means boring. Then I had to ask the question if the name only had to be three words? 


     After all of the name game over the last months, with several names, ones chosen and then changed, and then a last ditch effort in using AI, I'm sticking with The Fly Barn. And I already have a nickname. But its proper name will be The Fly Barn, but when I refer to it it'll be, The Barn. "Honey, I'm heading up to The Barn", or maybe, "Why don't you take your s%$t and go to The Barn....", love her.

     While I was writing I paused because a logo idea came into my head, and I like it, a lot. I can visualize this on some hats, shirts, and of course, on the side of the building. 
    So there it is, "So let it be written, so let it be done". I'm really digging it. But maybe next time I do it I'll spell Ridgeland correctly. I just had to fix it...