That title should bring you back to the 1978 Peaches and Herb song, "Reunited". After weeks fishing without I finally found my sling back and my box of crab and shrimp flies. There was also a box of small minnow flies, both which will help, they just didn't yesterday.
It's been a bit since I fished and I wanted to really have a good morning, and I did. I got down way early before the flood tide. When you have such and expansive area, with mixed vegetation, mud, and depths, it's always beneficial to scout it out and know it like the back of your hand. If there was a straight line across this flat it's probably 1/4 mile long.
With the times I've been there, on low and high tides, I have a pretty good idea of the layout, and more importantly, how and when the water fills in and then drains out. And with the water comes life, and a lot of it. Yesterday it was a sheepshead convention in front of me. If I see the same today I'll video tape it, it pretty cool to see.
It going to be a week before I get back to fishing for real as after today it's go-time up at The Fly Barn. Luckily it coincides with the work just about wrapped up at the real house. We just have some crown molding left to install on the top of the kitchen cabinets and that'll be it.
One thing I can't wrap my ahead around is why 80% of the refrigerators sold these days are not counter depth, which means they stick out like a foot past the end of the counter, ie, see above. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And to boot they are hundreds of more dollars. Do you get more room? Yes, but talking about not fitting in. And down the road we'll get rid of the old school Volkswagen sized microwave. That'll mean getting that tile guy back....um, not.
In the evening we took a ride to Georgia, sounds weird right? We had to return two lamps we had previously purchased. As soon as we bought them home we were both like, yum, no.
It's a store called At Home which is mostly found down south. It's like a Home Depot for home decorating. The only problem is it's so big you kinda have to help yourself it you need something. Luckily we the style of lamp we thought would be perfect, and for 25% off each of them, it only
solidified our choice. And luckily when we got home they fit both in size and look. We're basically all set with the big stuff and the next focus will be the garage and master closet, and you can forget those pretty $8,000 California Closets, not happening. I've got a truck with a blown tranny to buy.