Tuesday, March 26, 2024

03.26.24 Nice day to stop and fish....but....

 


     Nice enough day after work. No wind. 60 degree air temps. It's March 25th. It's still early. And the river is up and off. We had the deluge Saturday, nice day Sunday and then the crest on Monday. The water is still off color, just a few shades better than Yoo-Hoo. I went with my usual fly before thinking black may be a better contrast fly. I reached into the wallet and pulled out a silicone faced black eel fly I tied up last year. I figure out how those tiers that tie with silicone get it to not be so white and messed up looking. I use Photo-Flo to shape it so maybe I have to be aggressive with that. Either way no one gave it a swipe. I was thinking if not a bass then maybe a walleye or a smallmouth. No fish for 26 days in 2024.