Wednesday, March 13, 2024

03.13.24 Popovic's drops today....


      You know how much of a fan I am of Andy Mill and the Millhouse podcast he and his son Nicky created. Just about each day the one + hour podcasts keeps me company during my commute from Titusville to Newark. Some of them are that good that I don't mind a repeat. 

     While the boys were up in Edison for The Fly Fishing Show in January they stopped by Bob's house and The Shady and sat down with him. Today that podcast drops and I've been waiting for it. Hopefully Bob didn't blow it....kidding of course. I can't wait to listen. 

      But......you know me, always ready to offer my two cents. What I don't like about, well it's not the podcast itself or the boys doing it, is the feeling I get that saltwater fly fishing for tarpon, bonefish, permit and sailfishes is somehow the beginning, end, and be-all. Fishing "legal" within IGFA standards with four pound tippets, tournament wins after tournament wins, and a little chest beating about several guests as "the greatest ever" has me at least, feeling like what I do, and what we do up here in the Northeast, and specifically fly fishing for striped bass, just doesn't measure up when we all stand around and pull our pants down. That always leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. 

Enjoy the podcast and soon I'm going to rant more on the North vs South beef that is brewing up in my bowels.