Tuesday, March 19, 2024

03.19.24 C'mon man, well lady...

 

      Just when I thought things were lining up perfectly this spring Mother Nature has to go and mess with it. It's not all that bad as the fish will move when the air temps take a little dive down. I was hoping for those bright sunny days with temps in the mid to high 60's to continue for a bit. It's the thirties at night that can make water go cooler.

     On time with each season a large smallmouth came to play. I watched as it came up and tried to eat my 9 inch weighted fly. It was a beautiful bronzed fish and I was surprised but the coloring as usually they are more darker this time of year. I busted out the 10 weight with that Pop lip fly I tied, the one that 

is probably more of a diver or jerk bait, than a swimming fly. I stayed at that for 20 minutes casting in the same neighbor hood but she never came back. Nice after work stop but that wind wasn't fun.