Tuesday, April 4, 2023

04.04.23 Hard to find that all alone bite...


     The above fish, which is fine and beautiful in it's own right, came after two hours of throwing the 12 wt. around. You might say I was hoping for something bigger, but at least one came to hand. While we have tried to predict when and where things might happen, due to the kind of winter and current weather we're having, the participation in ALL these places is off the hook. It doesn't matter what time of day or where it is, it is hard to be alone, especially at a real fishy spot. 


     Above was 3 o'clock in the afternoon when the bite hasn't really started there yet. It is like that everywhere you go, from the Navesink to the Hackensack to the Delaware to the Rarity, both River and Bay. Some people don't mind the Salmon River looking lines at said good bite spots, well that's not for me. I'm just not into it, that's why the fall-blitz-crowd thing doesn't do it for me. So I have done my 




thing trying to find my own fish, although they're in the same waters we all know about. I do that with my own head and with a littler help from my friends, and from time to time, the internet. The blow pics is what happens when you got to find a spot where you have a good chance of being alone but have to do the walk in shitty old leaky waders. Things are about to really blow open, the next week to two


weeks will be off the charts good fishing. Don't be surprised when you go, if you haven't gone already, how many anglers will already be or arrive at "your spot". You better get a few of your hommies out there with you so you can make some room. And while you're at it pack a few extra Slim-Jims to share with the crowd.