Sunday, April 2, 2023

04.02.23 Got some time in before the PM storm...

     Nice way to start off April and this isn't an old picture April Fools Day joke. I was surprised that midday was so nice. Bluebird skies with a doable wind on a dropping tide. What didn't happen as far as weather in the AM the PM surely made up for it. We'll see how close to my predication of 30,000 we get. We were at 14,900 before the night's deluge and the water hit 49 degrees. 

    Had to bushwhack my way to a new spot that was holding some fish. Went 1-3 with one of the misses being a real solid take. You can only catch what's in front of you and at this point I'll take whatever that is. So far this season it's been all sub 28" fish although one young lady I caught had some extra egg weight on her. Things can only get better from here. Saw a herring school get parted in the water by my retrieving fly and the cormorants have stopped standing and watching and are swimming and diving. Here we go, I hope.