Wednesday, August 10, 2022

08.10.22 Looking for snakeheads in Camden....


     Still on the hunt for snakeheads and bowfin, but mostly snakeheads. Outside of some intel from my buddy its mostly been a repeat of me hitting the same places without any luck. I joined a Facebook group and have been searching through some You Tube videos and, to me, it seems the bulk of the action is in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and then in NJ and Pa south of Philly, on both sides of the Delaware. 


     So this morning I loaded up some gear and the wife and headed south. Goal- snakeheads. Basically what it turned out to be was a good scouting mission, with lunch at Burger King. We hit water like Newton Lake, the Cooper River, and the Pensauken Creek. I was overruled in getting 



out at Newton Creek south of Morgan Village after the ride down Broadway which, sadly, looked more like a scene out of The Night of the Living Dead. If tough access with tree and brush choked banks are what snakeheads like then this is the place. The water wasn't bad looking, maybe a little 


stained from the short bursts of monsoons we got yesterday. My last stop was over a creek. It was tidal and the water was moving in. I casted to the sides of the current hoping that this last ditch effort would be pay dirt. Well it was just dirt. As I made my way back to my wife's car I could only



imagine her thinking of her life's choices. Marrying a fly fisherman who parks her alongside the highway as tribute-axle trucks rumble past as your husband, "It that goofy outfit", desperately tries to dangle a fly in hopes of catching a fish. That brings to one of my favorite memes that I've seen this week, and boy is it fitting today. This one's for you Theresa.