Wednesday, August 3, 2022

08.03.22 Insanity is...


...doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Gave it ago before the nuclear sun came out. Tied on one of the flies I got at Ramsey Outdoors the other day. It's more like a sled which you need to glide across the gunk. I could do without the weight on this but I guess it is tied in to keel the fly.



     What happens is it kurplunks down and then tends to pick up stuff because its weighted. This place is just nasty to fish in. What makes it doubly hard is when casting on your back its hard to keep the fly line of the surface so that to picks up vegetation. On one cast I had something slurp it and 


take the fly under, maybe it was a bass. When I stripped it in all that was there was slime. But it was a fish trying to eat for sure. This would be a different story if I could stand up and cast and worked holes in the fairways around the edges better. I can't believe that I haven't landed one of these 


things yet, which leads me to think of what insanity is. I need to change it up, I thought going deeper into the forest might pay off after yesterdays blow ups but today not a tap there. Before I headed home I checked the tidal water and didn't have a tap or a follow, but I did see something lightning quick chase some sunnies as the tide started to ebb. A quick fly change and some casts proved fruitless. Taking the next bunch of days off from fishing. But before I go I wanted to throw up a cool


 picture to remind what I'm going for and why I'm doing it at all. Below is a pic from Joe Cermele of Hook Shots and The Meateater fame, where he makes videos and podcasts about all that is fishing. That is a beauty of a SH. Can't wait to get one like that up on my lap.