Thursday, August 4, 2022

08.04.22 Amazon must have felt my pain...


     Desperate times call for desperate measures. So after being frustrated with having to clean off my fly after each cast I decided to look into what the spinning guys are throwing. Went online to Amazon and found a nice assortment of weedless frogs. These looked super stealthy and just might


glide across the muck. So I placed my order on Tuesday late afternoon and less than 24 hours they were at my door. For $16 they were worth it. Best part is the keel weight can easily be removed making it kinda fly rod throwable. Not pretty, but throwable. So I had to give I a go around 630 am

before the heat got turned on across the state. Believe it or not, even from a sitting position I can cast these things like 30 feet. There's a big plop at the end but they may help gets something attention. And yes they glide across nicely. I work the banks, and the muck, and the pads without a tap. No 

wakes, no movement, nothing. I did have a bowfin breach the water about 35 feet from me and a couple of flicks of the oars and I was anchored into the pads. One thing annoying about kayak fishing, the kayak goes to where you are casting, so being locked into the pads was good. I threw it all around where I think it was, waiting, and just waiting and casting. I would love to have 


someone who really knows this fishery fish it and let me watch, or electroshock it the whole place and see what rises to the top. I'm about ready to tip my hat to the snakeheads and bowfins, the return on investment isn't there, at least not where I am fishing. And as far as time, again in a lake or pond, there's no tide to fish, its the same all day, and you can spend way too much time if you don't check your watch. I stopped by the tidal water at the end of the incoming and made some casts without a dimple on the water. I am so ready to start fishing the late shift in the rivers off the ocean, it's getting just about that time.