Monday, September 13, 2021

09.13.21 Twenty years ago today....


     This past weekend we remembered the 20 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America. Its been a long time and a lot has happened in this country and the world since. Twenty years ago today while working as a Newark firefighter I brought my father and brother over to the WTC site. They are both union ironworkers and by day three ground zero was in the need of skilled labor to assist with cranes and machinery while rescuers searched the rubble for survivors. Sadly, in only hours after the attacks, no survivors were further found. I was and am proud to have been able to work alongside of my father and brother that day. The above is the only picture I have of the three of us as we visited the rehab station after a long shift that morning. 

Never forget, and let us not let history repeat itself.