Tuesday, September 22, 2020

09.21.20 Hit a milestone with the blog and a snag in my head......



     That's right 600,000 new person views. No thats not daily views that the number of new users that have checked out or stalked The Average Angler blog since I started it in 2009. Thanks for the continued interest and support. I really like doing this, no matter how much work it takes. Now on to bigger and better business. So that was the milestone that was hit, below is the snag.....


     I found one....now what. If you recall last year I had to sell my Jones Brothers Cape Fisherman. I purchased it in 2011 and sold it in 2019. It was a great run, lots of fishing, lots of big fish I would have never caught from the beach, and most importantly great times. And oh yeah, tons of money. Between gussying her all up shortly after I bought her, to the continued service at Gateway Marina, to the shrink wraps and marina and storage fees, it was a lot. We started out business last year and times were tight, so, it being my biggest asset, and with us living on the Delaware, I was okay to pass her along. But now I have found another boat, same style, a year older, in a little bit rougher shape then mine when I got her, and very far from what I passed on to the lucky guy last year. Below is a shot I took shortly after getting her in 2011 and before she went in for an overhaul. 


     What to do? I am not good at projects, I have come to realize this after 52 years. However I do like a challenge. I think I know this boat well. I like the way they run. while I think the 23 footer is the best boat for up here its out of my price and league. Plus with the 20 footer I can run her in the Delaware River below Trenton in the spring........Stay tuned, more to come. 


     Fishing last night was tough. Incoming, N-NE winds, couldn't gage the water quality. Swung a fly for a few hours without a tap. Made the move to another protected spot and got there with about 1-1/2 hours left in high tide, too high because all of the bait came with it. Talked with a guy who was leaving when I got there and he said is was good before all the bait got there. Gave the old Pulse Disc a try behind a Jim Matson fly. I had a fish on early on a black Snake Fly but that was it before I switched. We'll see what all this weather will do to the mullet run when things settle down next week.