Saturday, May 27, 2023

05.27.23 Twilight photo shoot...


     Our plans went to pot for the holiday weekend. Theresa had a client go into labor so leaving on Friday was out of the question, and Saturday didn't happen either. That's okay, sometimes life gets in the way. What I was able to do was finally clear out the truck and get her cleaned up and organized for this 


coming weeks Brokeback Mountain trip with Leif. Relax, I'm kidding. But the trip is going to happen. It was time to get rid of all the big herring type flies anyway. I really need to head back to the vice and crank out small flies for both the fresh and salt waters. While in the tuck I saw I was 5,000 miles over on the oil change. Theresa told me just go and get it done. Not happening. I always laughed at folks that change their own oil, but with an oil change up over $100 now, I'll do that myself. Auto Zone had a special oil, oil filter and air filter for $43, plus the extra quart brought me to just over $50. Now I can


by my New York fishing license. It was worth the 45 minutes it took me. So after that and a quick lawn mow, well like 2 hours I needed to fish. River was low. It was warm. I hated myself but I had to do it. It's snakehead season and allegedly they are on the spawn and protective of their turf. Again, I know zilch about snakeheads and bowfin and haven't landed one, yet. I don't even know if I'm in a good spot. 






     I found my "snakehead" box while trying to find all I need for the Upper Delaware. So I went hunting and didn't see anything, but I have to say the hunt is the fun of it for me. So I'll keep hunting. 

     And for the evening as the sun set I ran down to the river to see if anyone was home. Found little pods of small bait so I tied up one of my Hackensack flies and on the first cast I hooked up. He had some buds that followed him into the net and I thought I might wind up with more than one. Done fishing till Tuesday up on the Upper Delaware. Enjoy the holiday weekend and remember was Memorial Day means- honoring those that gave their all so we can enjoy all that we can in this life.