Friday, May 26, 2023

05.26.23 No one home...


     I was on the phone with Delaware Joe yesterday and as I passed this spot I figured I'll take a look. River is stupid low right now running at 5,480 cfs. It was only a few weeks ago we were over 70,000. 


And there's about a four degree swing in the water temperatures from first light to the midday sun. So we're looking 66 - 70 depending. So I got up at 430 and was at the river at 445 am. This time I took no chances and threw on a life preserver just to be safe. It looked fishy enough but I couldn't find anyone 



home. I strated with a popper, then intermediate line and then 350 gr sinking line tipped with both big and small flies. It's all good looking water but after my big day I haven't been able to find a fish. 



After the tap dance back across the river I packed up and headed down river. Fished the incoming tide dancing between the rocks and going out as far as I could. Didn't find anyone home there but I did find a great bacon, egg and cheese at Ben's Deli for the effort.