Friday, May 5, 2023

05.04.23 Needed to breathe some salt air into my lungs....


     With the Delaware River days away from being fishable, we hit 70,000 cfs two days ago, and although it's down to under 40,000 I needed some time away from work and home even for an hour or so. I made the drive down to catch the high tide in Deal. I felt free when I got there and it just felt good 


to be out on the rocks throwing flies. No birds, no bait, but did see a whale spout out in the distance. There was a pretty steady N wind which pushed all kids of swell and water up on the north sides. I didn't feel like dealing so I just worked the south sides of two groins without a tap. I had on my "river" 


waders and even BOA's up and rock guards down the snd still found it's way into the boots. Bootfooot waders for the salt, stocking foot for fresh. Heading down to Cape May to open up our shore house this weekend so I might take a rod to fish the Delaware Bay and that always chocolate milk that seems to hug the Jersey side. I could use a decent fish, it's been a drought with a bass to hand.