Wednesday, January 19, 2022

01.19.22 Pulled the trigger, and if you're thinking....


     So, drum roll, yep it is done. I ordered a new pair of Simms G3 Bootfoot waders, felt bottoms. If you are thinking then don't think too long. Customer service guy told me there is an 8 week build time to get them. and there is no more buying them off the shelf or from another company. If you want a pair then you have to custom order them, and here's how. 


     You have send an email and they will send you back an order form and a catalog with custom options you can order, mostly for the stocking foot options. They receive your order, provide you a case #, and then you call back to review and give payment info. Your credit card is authorized, but not charged, until it is shipped off, so for me it would be mid March. 

    For me, it was the right call. I just retired a pair I put into service in October 2018, wore them I don't know how many times, and basically wore them out. That is on me, and not on Simms. So they'll be used when my basement floods are when doing chicken duty during a monsoon. 




     I will also get the Hardbite studs which I have used before and hold up better then the aluminum gutter screws you have used. If you order, make sure you specify flat or Vibram, depending on what your preference is. For me its felt, and I have discussed why in previous posts. 

     If you want some wader peace of mind then treat yourself. Waders are such an important piece of fly fishing gear and going cheap, over and over again, doesn't make sense. These will set you back $749.95, but you are worth it. Just tell the wife she should be glad you're not a golfer or into old cars. If you are, then come up with a better excuse.