Thursday, October 9, 2014

10.09.14 The skunk continues on a brisk pretty morning.....


     Got out before first light and found Lief releasing a small bass he caught in the wash. I had a feeling the fish would be there and I might shake the skunk thats been on my back. I fished up and down the beach and jumped on the rocks tossing a Snake Fly to kind of flat and boring incoming tide water. A few sprays of rain fish or spearing was all that I saw without a swirl or tail slap behind them.
     Yes, there's a catch of bass here and there but it is really scary slow out there. I talked to my buddy who guides in Montauk and he said the albie bite is still hot but the bass haven't showed as of yet. It really is sad that we haven't seen a consistent arrival of bass in September and now October when a fish a two a day is usually the norm.


     This evening I will be at the Orvis Marlton store kicking off their fall Orvis Days. Come on by and say hello and grab a bite and pick up a few things for the fall run, which is looking to be a little later this year than last. Its always a good hang there and a great meet and greet.