Saturday, August 27, 2011

08.27.11 Back at it covering Irene, high tide tonight 6:23, 7:11 in the morning


     I was out at Holmdel High School at 7 am this morning. It was one of the emergency evacuation centers  set up by the county. I would a few hundred people there. mostly from Keansburg. It was more of the same along the Bayshore and northern Monmouth coastline. People boarding up, packing up, and hauling out. Stopped at a house in the highlands to make a really cool picture. As I did, an old friend, came out. It was funny, hope the pic makes tomorrows paper. The New York Times, well it is New York, is all about New York. It used to be a little better when we shot for the New Jersey section, then the Metro section. Now, it takes a miracle. I moved over 25 images yesterday. A few made the web, one in todays paper.

High tide tonight is 6:23 in Asbury Park, 7:11 in the morning. I think that's when we'll find out how, I'll say beat, we might be. Stay safe and well.