Tuesday, September 10, 2024

09.10.24 "Luke, I am your father"


      You know getting old just sucks. Not only does life change, and your body as well, but it changes for everyone around you as well. Now we know were all going to die, and it can happen at any age, but one thing that raises my awareness of mortality is when I see the icons, the legends, start to die off. I can't even remember all the people who piqued my interest over my life that have moved on. Sports people, more fly fishermen that anything (Jose, Lefty), musicians (Gerry Garcia), actors (Robin Williams), and so many who were at the top of their game sometime during my adult life and entertained or moved me in some way.

     Yesterday we lost James Earl Jones. Yes, he was born in 1931, and had a good run, but his is one voice that could wake you out of a coma. Some people just own certain things. while he acted in many memorable parts, "Field of Dreams", "Coming to America, and the voice of Mufasa in "The Lion King", I'll always remember him as Darth Vader in the "Star Wars" series. 

     Getting old does suck. And with each year we lose more people. Not only do we lose the people but when we do we realize we have lost that period during better times. What I wouldn't give to go back to the late 1970's and 1980's. Yes, everything was better back then. It was before technology hit. No ATM's, no cell phones, no computers, no cable TV, no streaming, no Sirius, no CGI movies, no AI....  Things were just raw. I like raw.