Thursday, August 29, 2024

08.29.24 Gave it a go in the little blow...



     With some weather rolling in this weekend I thought I'd give it a last summer go. September is just around the corner and with the kids, and me, going back to school the summer is just about over. It was a few hours into the outgoing with a stiff NE wind. Conditions looked perfect. 


     I was down before dark so I picked a larger darker fly that would hopefully get some attention. with reports of some peanuts and snapper around I thought it might be a good snack for a bass or a larger fluke. On some of the beaches there was a trough but for the most part the southern summer wind beaches


were still around. We need some good storms to change up the structure a bit. It was the kind of morning where I thought I might just get surprised by a bass that cleared the water attacking 




the fly. I did a walk up and back hitting a few groins after changing over to a "If it ain't chartreuse it ain't got no use" fly that was a little smaller and was easy to see in the just starting to go off color water. All in all it was a nice morning, no hits, no runs, no errors. 


  After the beach I stopped by my families shop and bothered my brother and dad. Work on the pickup truck bed is going well but I needed some iron welded on to the frame on either side. 



     Over the last few days I spent time on my back with a grinder and wire wheel scraping off the rust before coating it in a product called Por 15. It's a rust encapsulator that I hear extends the life of rusty metal. With the plates in place and painted I can finish building the bed before returning to the shop for the bumper construction and installation.