Monday, November 28, 2022

11.28.22 Put in my Black Friday Squimpish order.....



     I was notified last week from Squimpish Flies that they were offering a 30% Black Friday-Monday sale. I checked with the boss and made my way to their website with squimpish hair and boutique blends on my mind. You know I dig this stuff and have tied some nice flies that have 


helped me land some of my best striped bass ever. The man behind Squimpsih is David Nelson. I first met him when I guided up on the Upper Delaware and then saw his spread in Bob Popovic's book. If you are a novice to expert tyer and esepcially need big flies on big hooks Squimpish is the perfect material for the average tyer. Below is the order I put together to augment what I have from 

last winters tyimg sessions. The sale was 30% with free shippimg so I had to take advantage of it. David runs sales perioically so I recommend getting on his email chain to find out. I don't always wait for sales, but every now and then its nice to save a couple of shekels. And yesterday or the day before I mentioned rubbing salt in my wounds, well after Nicks Honachefsky's Facebook post from yesterday's action I think dousing myself in gasoline and striking a match would be more 


appropriate. And remember when I said something about hard south blowing wind, well that mustn't apply to the beaches of Ocean County. Maybe I'll catch the micro bass blitzes in December.