Saturday, November 26, 2022

11.25.22 DNF day...

     It was a DNF (DIDN'T EVEN FISH) kind of day. I don't need to tel you all but it's now over, at least this latest flurry of a this "epic" (Hate that description) 2022 Fall Striped Bass Run. I can say this with some certainty, I will miss this completely. There's the run, and then there's fall into winter striped bass fishing. The true migratory fish will have passed me by, no pun intended. Yes, I will get the boat out one more time in subfreezing temps in late December and catch 30+ fish to 30 inches, but as far as fish migrating south, I've probably missed it. The fish I will catch will most likley stay in the NY Bight, tucked down and deep in the channels or move up into the Hudson. And that's okay. It is what it is. And now you will have to suffer though some Turkey Day pics. 

     The above is me two hours before my family arrived. Covered in head to toe soot after cleaning the three fireplaces of dead animals, leaves, soot, and anything else that can get stuck inyour fireplace, start a fire, and burn your house down. It was the first time I had three of the five fireplaces going at the same time. Remember before you say "Five fireplaces", we spend thousands upon thousands each winter to keep the temp at 60 degrees, it just doenst get any warmer. The rest of the pictures below are of my clan enjoying a nice day. 






     So I couldn't wait till today. There has been tremendous fishing since last week, actually the day I left for New Orleans, and the bliztes have been, well, "epic", (hate that word). It went off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, slowed Wednesday, died on Thanksgiving, and now today Friday WAS MY DAY to get out and get them. Find the birds, find the bait, find the bass. As I passed the 1911 built Philadeplhia and Reading Railroad bridge I couldn't stop thinking of how 



many fish I might see and catch on the 3-11 shift. Well, crash, clang, bang.....quick answer.....none, in fact I didn't even wet a line, nor get drssed. I got some intel from Leif on the way down, "Stay home Johnnny". S-SW cranking wind over the last 24 hours, just about a blow-out tide (and it was low tide when I got there), and not a bird or bait in sight. Every beach cam confirmed the same synopsis for Black Friday. I stayed for a bit in Deal and Leif joined me to lend me moral support. He knew I made the drive, threw away $40 in gas, and was


disappointed to say the least. I headed south and stopped in Bradley and Avon before hitting 195 heading west and home. More of the same. People and dogs running the beach and nothing running the coast. The wind is supposed to swith to a WNW which has been the wind they have been chewing on. With high tide around 830 am it could be a good outgoing, but if it goes I will miss that as well. I'm going to stay put and spend a day relaxing and binge watching something. I'm not looking on Facebook, Stripers Online, Willy Weather, The Surfgers View, or my phone. So leave me alone and go catch your stupid fish. I'll get mine down the street in April 2023.