Friday, November 4, 2022

11.04.22 Just waitin' for the word...

     Yes we know New Jersey hs become primarily a boat fishery, or at least it's more productive to fish from a boat. A boat allows you to cover a lot more ground, and more importantly, be off the beach and away from the horrible shoreline structure that exists along the Jersey Shore. 

     Outside of a few places that have been productive on the snad this fall, like The Hook, other places just don't hold water, and bait and fish, on the mid to lower tides, both outgoing and incoming. The bay is the bay. Pick your tide and wind and time of day and wade out as far as you can and hopefully you'll find the bait and fish. 

     In the next two weeks anglers will be partcipating in the "other" fall run. When 24-34" striped bass make their way tighter to the beach most likely in pursuit of the peanut bunker. It usually happens this week or Thanksgiving week and then it blows up for a few days north before the Ocean County folks get it for more time then we do in Monmouth County. That's the time I usually pull out the IBSP buggy pass and hit the dunes. This year will be the first for the 03' Silverado 2500, what could happen? 

     The pic up top is Leif holding a nice bass we got a year ago today. By then I had been out a bunch of times and it lasted until the 24th when the boat took a hit. I got a call from Mercer Marine yesterday and they stated they are working on it and it looks I be able to get her wet sometime this fall. My fingers are crossed. 

     With my teaching job m,y schedule is tight, but with no complaints. Plenty of time to fish, but not boat fish, as I won't dare hit it on the weekend, at least not until December when most guys are put away for the winter. I have an upcoming surgery so who knows when I'll have to get cut which will take up some days. And, I'll hitting the Big Easy with my fellow faculty from Essex County College the week before Thanksgiving so my days will be numbered. Fingers crossed.