Monday, July 12, 2021

07.12.21 Little somethin-somethin from my lady....



    Got back from a nice weekend down in Cape May. Did some work, hung out with the kids before Theresa joined us. Did the beach, pool, a meal out and hugging the window unit in the house because the central a/c is in need of replacing. 


     One day me and the kids were driving through West Cape May and saw this beauty hanging outside a shop. It's a nice plasma cut metal striped bass chasing a trio of mullet. This morning I took Theresa over to the shop, just to see if she wanted to buy anything, and she did. She bought it for me, an early anniversary present as this month will be 6 years of marital bliss. 




     I finally made it out with the fly rod. I was like a fish out of water. I picked a bridge, then picked a sedge bank, and made some casts. And that was it. Hit the channel. And that was it. One morning Erin took a ride with me and we found the inlet near where the Cape May-Lewes ferry heads over to Delaware, and we made a few casts into the stained water. The southwest wind was pushing everything into the inlet. No fish, half ass effort, but I can finally say I fly fished in Cape May. 

     Our place is looking sweet. Work continues. Today ordered the new "central a/c". Need to ordered another 10 tons of white stone top do the back forty. When the place is lit up at night its a really cool hang. We are very lucky to have scored this place. Its Cape Island Resort if you're looking for a place down the shore.