Sunday, January 24, 2010

01.23.10 Day 2 of the Fly Fishing Show


Day 2 was busier than Friday. The crowds were there from the minute the show opened at 830. I worked the JSTU booth for a while before heading to Ozzie's "Underwater World of Trout" presentation. Great underwater video of what a trout "may" see. Anyone trying to catch a fish should see this. While I was watching it I was to figure out which of my fishing shirts and hats I wouldn't wear steam side anymore. The angles, and refraction, and distance that trout see is amazing. No wonder why I put so many fish down. I also went to a little bit of Tom Gilmore's Albie talk- great show with a ton of useful information. I can't to get into them more this fall. During most of these lectures I was writing a mile a minute. I watched Lefty's casting demo again- I can't believe he is 84 years old- I am glad that I was able to see watch this legend in the sport once again. I met up with some of the partners from the Restigoughe River and watched Kevin's presentatation about the Atlantic Salmon fishery there. I ended the day with Joe DeMarkis who presented his North East Drift Boat Fly Fishing Guide School- something I am seriously considering attending this spring or summer. Lastly I sat in on Jim Valle's class on becoming a FFF CAsting Instructor. I had downloaded the requirements for the test but it was good to hear Jim go through it and explain what they are looking for from the candidate who is testing.