Saturday, November 26, 2022

11.26.22 The hits just keep on coming....



     A little before 2 o'clock the phone rang. It was Leif. He had fished the morning without running into any fish so it made me feel a tad better that I didn't go. I was knee deep in working on the exterior of the front of the house. These days the sun sets at like 3 o'clock and the side I was working on faces west so the afternoons are best for burning lead based paint, sanding and repainting. These days I am picking away at project after project, and although I missed the bite, the push for T-day did us good. Around 230 the phone rang again and I figured it might be Leif.  He must have got



some intel and he was passing it on. So I answered, "I know it's going off", "Yep, Long Branch". So we did some calculations, like the hour and 15 minute drive, (in my head) the cost of gas, and then the likelihood the fish would be still going. I ran it past Theresa, and I ran it by Theresa, and let's just I chose, sort of, to be a good boy and finish up my project. As I breathed the nice lead based paint fumes in deeply, I said out loud, 'It wasn't going to that good anyway". During the conversation I mentioned to Leif that Two-Rod Mike had been kind of having the same fall I was, not being there for a variety of reasons. Well, it seems that good old Mikey hit it just right this afternoon. Looks 


like he wound up in the same place that I was tipped off to go. So, as much as I didn't want it to be that good, it was that good. So another day and opportinty missed. It is what it is. In place of driving three hours, burning gas and freezing my ass off, to catch dozens of bass, I made good progress working on thge house and I got to binge watch Dead To Me with the old lady. There's always tomorrow.