
For a while there I was keeping track of how this blog did against other fly fishing blogs around the world. We hit a high coming in at #23 back in 2024 but a recent check shows we've slipped

down to #53. What's funny is is took 15 years to get to 1,000,000 viewers and in the last two it's grown to over 2,100,000.
In the end it all doesn't matter because this blog generates zero monetarily. This blog always was in the shadows of Jeff Currier's blog and he's now at #46, where he used to come in around #20. I wonder if the algorithms have changed which has altered the rankings or people just don't want to read about teaching nursing school or downsizing and moving to South Carolina.
What's cool with Blogspot is I can check out several stats in real time each day. I can see how many views per day, what hours are the busiest, and even what parts of the world the people who
view it come from. who would have thought that people from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and South Africa come here to check out how the striped bass bite has been in the Delaware River or what Piece of Cake moving did with our stuff.
For some viewers this blog is almost like a daily, or bi-weekly, newspaper. They click on it to see what's up or to read about whatever I might be ranting about on any given day. Hopefully soon it'll be more about fly fishing the Lowcountry with some spring Jersey striped bass fishing mixed in. As we find our new-life normal, which will include annual stop and plops in South Carolina and New Jersey, we're looking now at where we might be next year. I can definitely see
us coming back up in May which will mean I'll be able to fish the Delaware Bay and River during the spring run. And of course there's no way I'm missing that annual trip up to the Vineyard. How cool would it be to have the skiff up there, but I don't think it would be worth trailering it up that far for a week, but you never know.
I wish someone would buy this blog, or hire me to write theirs. people say I could load this blog up with ads and be able to get paid for all the work it takes to pen this several times, if not everyday, a week. People have also suggested a subscription, say $10 a year, which would be great if you times that by the number of actual readers versus page views. 5,000 people x $10 would come out to $50,000, which would be great. Throw in some guiding money when I get dialed in down there and I could see this actually kinda being like a job I'd like to do. I just have to figure out if my readers in Saudi Arabia and Russia (look at the breakdown above) have Venmo or PayPal to pay for the ability to click on this subscription only blog.