Tuesday, January 23, 2024

01.23.24 Got a new vice from PEAK....

   

     Got a nice and heavy package yesterday from PEAK Fishing out in Colorado. I made the jump up from the rotary PRV-G2 vice to the heavier Jurassic Series JS2-G2. The new vice is part of their LIRS (Large Iron Retention System) line of vices used for heavier and larger hooks. The base is like an anvil and I'll have no problem with stability when tightening down thread as hard as I want to. I anticipate it being great for spinning deer hair on those Snake Flies. 

     I put an Ahrex Popovic's hook in 6/0 inside the jaws and think I could dam near do a Triple Lindy off of it. I'll be at the Squimpish booth at Edison on Saturday this weekend and I'll be putting some time on the new vice there. Hopefully I can remember how to tie up a decent fly.