Monday, September 18, 2023

09.18.23 Hey, why not....


     What to do when a post from someone in your town pops up offering $100 to transfer the contents of two BAGSTERS into an empty dumpster. As I read, knowing I was up against other people seeing it, I yelled out to Theresa, "You want to make a quick $100". "Hell yeah she answered". 


     Funny enough our employer was located within walking distance from our house. Why we would jump on it? Well, it's a night out, because you know drinks and apps always come out to $60-70 dollars for a couple, a tank of gas which runs about $70, or a bunch of groceries at ShopRite even if you use your discount card. Hell, it could even cover one of the batteries I need to replace in the jet boat.

 

     We crushed the first one in no time but the second...that's where we found the damp drywall. That took some time. As we tossed the stuff I looked down at the lumber.  2x4's and 2x6's that just needed to be cleaned of the nails and there you have it, probably at least $75 there. You see, I've been collecting 


wood, recycled wood, for some time, hoping to build a small garage or lean-to something out back. I hope to build a cover for the jet boat because the "perfect fit" boat cover I bought online well is anything but perfect fit. 


     We left 90 minutes later with five twenties and and a pick up bed loaded with usable lumber. It may not how we thought we would begin a beautiful almost fall morning but, a hundy is a hundy, even if it comes in five twenties. Never too proud to make some cash, neither of us.