Friday, September 8, 2023

09.08.23 "Use it (them) or lose it..."


     Theresa and I have been on a "get rid of it tear". Not like impulsively just throwing stuff out, but really thinning out things that are broken, don't fit, too many, just clutter, or just things from the past being held on for most likely not the healthiest of reasons. Let's just say we've kept the local church's thrift store with a steady stream of new merch.


     Theresa made me listen to the above video this morning while we drove to the dump to get rid of tons, of not stuff, but clippings from the 100 foot of hedges that we cut down hard to try and get them pretty and more manageable. Landscaping that has been allowed to grow butt wild for years will eventually look like a head of hair that needs a visit to the barber. Cut it hard, see what happens, and then pull it and replace them if they don't look good. That's what people with nice yards do. 

     My partner has been proud of my progress in thinning things out by either donation, sanitation, or Facebook Marketplace, which has been slow. She is also happy with the changing look of Tobacco Road out back. With things looking "orderly" with just the two boats sitting there, covered and unused, from season to season. She gave me the ultimatum, "Use it (them) or lose it......"

     Funny things these boats are. They get into your wallet and get into your head. I'm a confidence kinda guy. My old Jones I would take anywhere, anytime, with great confidence. My current rides have me just a tad less confident after having them act a little wonky while out on the water. One's the 1996 Jones Brother's 19'10 LTE and the other a 1999 Lowe 165 Fish-Pro with a 40 Mercury jet drive. The river boat I took possession of in April 2022 and had it out on the river about a half a dozen times. The last time it sputtered and would not get going so under the tarp it went. 


    So today it was off with the tarp. I hoped I wouldn't find what I did with Ryan's car, just something I held onto that just went to shit while not being used. I hooked the boat up to my truck and hit the boat ramp up the street from my house. I've been a proud member of the Titusville Boat & Ski Club since being voted in during January's meeting. So I took some pictures to get my jet boat juices flowing. 



     It's funny in life how we just have things around that we pass everyday that just become an object, and you don't see what that object actually is, it's just something you see everyday. She's a fine boat 



that might be a tad skinny and underpowered for the big spring waters of the Delaware but outside of that it'll be perfect. There's so much water for me to fish in this river and being mobile in a boat gives


me a chance to boat to certain spots and get out and wade fish, which is my favorite, when I want to. 

     There's still fishy seasons left on the Delaware River so I'm going to focus on that leading off. I know I need two batteries and the engine could use a once over. Delaware Joe said he'd give me some help with it so maybe next week I can get it done and wet sooner than later. Then it's the big boat...oh Lord.