Thursday, January 1, 2015

01.01.15 HAPPY NEW YEAR !........I'm done till spring......



      Happy New Year to you and yours. It has been an interesting year for me all the way around. From professional to personal it has been a year of ups and downs.......and it just keeps on coming. In the end "It is what it is" but more accurately "It is what I make it". I look forward to a great 2015 and I wish the best for my family, friends and enemies.
     This morning it was 28 degrees out and the water was like a lake. Gave it a go looking for a New Years Day, first fish of 2015, and January striped bass. I could tell as soon as I saw the water that wasn't going to happen. Had to be careful as the ice was just starting to melt off the top of the rocks. That would have sucked falling and getting hurt on my last outing till spring.
     Today I will say I am done and put away my fly rod, waders, stripping basket and StormR jacket. I am now going to shift to other more important things going on in my life and preparing for The Fly Fishing Show in Somerset.
   
                            

     On another note it was nice to see The Average Angler blog top 300,000 views. On February 26 2014 we hit 200,000 views. Some quick math says that the blog is averaging 325 views per day since then. I will continue to post even though the fishing for me is done until we start back up on the Upper Delaware in April.