Saturday, July 1, 2023

07.01.23 Early moring July bass...



     The plan was top leave for the Cape at first light. Theresa got a call to meet up with a client so....why not hit the river. I knew it was just the start of the incoming so I didn't have much hope. When I got there is was super skinny but I found a little run that was starting to fill in. Would there be fish holding and ready to move up? Well, first cast answered that question. And that lasted until the last cast. 


    The funny thing was the more the river flooded the slower the bight got. I guess the highway that I found wasn't the only option for them to head upriver to feed. It was good to get that July bass, for whatever that means, but it's in the books. 

     I'm blessed to have a striped bass fishery that lasts, so far, from March to July. I'd be interested to see how the fall fishery is when the shad and herring YOY make their way down to the saltwater.