Wednesday, February 24, 2021

02.24.21 Nice to stop in at The Shady...

 


    I found a new obsession. If you're a collector of fine used things, or a hoarder like me then stay away from Maxsold. Its an auction company that services people who just want to get rid of their stuff and get out. Just be careful where your pick location is....


     Todays pick place was in Barnegat and I dragged Erin along for the ride. Its  not to far from my buddies restaurant The Shady Rest. Its been a while since I've been down there and it of course didn't disappoint. It was great to see Bob and learn that he and Alexis and the restaurant are doing well. We caught up for a bit and Erin and I had a great early dinner. If you haven't ben there, go there, its a great old school family restaurant thats been around for I believe 50 years. When it gets warmer the outside dining is fantastic. 

     While there I told Bob I wanted to make a shadow box of his flys on day so to keep me in mind when he's going through his collection. I have a Beast, and now a Semper Fleye, a Jiggy, and Hollow, and a Pop Lip to add to my collection. Thinking I'll just have to bother him for a Surf Candy and Fleye Foil and I'll be set.