Tuesday, December 19, 2017

12.19.17 Been awhile and it'll be awhile......


     It's been about 10 days since I was last out. Anglers up and down the coast have been having fun with the micro and schoolie bass as of late. They're chasing small bait and herring. Funny thing is the herring chasers are usually those fat footballs from 20" to keeper sized bass.

     I was excited to go but then got bored real quick. Incoming. Flat. Gin clear. Not signs of bait or birds. I started on the beach and then moved to Ryan's Rock. It's interesting when you spread a loved ones ashes somewhere and the connection you have with them and that spot. Ryan was never on that rock, nor on Phillips, but for me it is a place where I feel a connection. It was worth getting up from bed early for that.

     I fished for about an hour and managed two little guys. That's it for me. Lot going on. Tough holidays this year. Wrapping up school. Maybe a move in our near future. You never know where life is going to take you.