Monday, December 4, 2017

12.04.17 Back from the North Country....


     This past weekend we decided to have a change of scenery and headed up to my sisters house in Saranac Lake. The cool country air does the body, mind and soul good. Although it was quick it was nice to see my sister and her family and spend some time outdoors. Above is the view from one of the high peaks, well, not really, its Baker Mountain in Saranac lake.


     It was back to clinical and cramming in to meet the requirement for hours for this semester. After I went down to the ocean. It was just about dead low and it looked like the dead sea. Not sure what the large structure on pillars is off Deal but I am sure its up to no good. I gave it a go walking out on the bar but didn't get a tap. I planned on heading back out this evening in the dark.


     I got down around 5 o'clock and it was just past the mid-flood tide. The big moon and the E-SE wind had some bigger water and waves rolling in. I found a perch on the rocks and used a black and purple sand eel fly which I got eight to eat. The biggest was 24" which is this falls keeper-sized-prize. I have heard of some bigger fish, the 26-32", being caught down south. And I still am reading about 6-800 fish days on the Captree boats in New York. If that bait and those fish don't move then they will all be caught and kept, or gaffed and released.



    Rain and cold on the way so who knows what will happen. Seems like less and less anglers out until word hits when someone starts catching consistently, or a keeper is caught and posted online. Would be nice to have some bigger fish hit the beaches, at least up this way.