Tuesday, September 28, 2010

09.29.10 Back from the wedding, let's go fishin'


So now I am married man, again. My wife, Cindy, and I, had a great wedding weekend in Lambertville with family and friends. Then we went to Atlantic City for two days. Of course I brought my fly rod, just in case I could get out while in AC. The weather was nasty and winds strong and just not what I wanted to fish in. On the way home we went to LBI and drove down to Old Barney and there I made a few casts. Blues were blitzing in the channel of the inlet, ripping through spearing that was just all over. A guy there stuck the water and it was 73 degrees. Those temps got a little help from a strong hard SE wind blowing the last few days. When I got home I unpacked and headed down to Allenhurst and then down to Deal. I caught myself a few times with the fly, trying to cast in what seemed like 50 mph winds. Tonight things seemed to slow down a bit and I going to head out for a first light bight in the morning.