Thursday, July 23, 2026

07.23.26 I can't even remember what we did yesterday...


     Theresa got her hair and nails done. I hit the Home Depot like a first time home buyer does. The painter came over to see the work we'd like to get done before we move our stuff in. We hit South Carolina motor vehicles and got our licenses and registration switched over. (Of course I forgot my title so I have to return there today). And I did a little trimming of the bushes around the house before ending the day at the pool for a swim. Not a bad day. 

      During a break I threw up a post on the Sun City Facebook page about our home model and screened porches/lanais/sunrooms/Carolina rooms and got several responses. Those things are a thing in the south. They give you some extra space, shields you from the sun, keeps the pollen and bugs out, and is a great place for entertaining. Of course they range from reenable to through the roof, and with that, beautiful to downright doesn't fit and ugly. 


     An unknown neighbor died a quick AI mock up which you can see on the top and just above is how the back of the house looks as it sits now, well kind of. One thing I've noticed when you ask for contractor recommendations is the wide and varied responses you get from each person. We've literally heard "Don't use anyone else" to "I'd never let them in my house again" about the same contractors. I guess that's the same no matter where you go.

Today's our last day in the Lowcountry as we head back to Jersey tomorrow with temporary South Carolina licenses in hand. This late afternoon it'll be a ride to pick up the skiff, I hope it's everything I hoped it to be.