Monday, December 3, 2018

12.03.18 Quick trip before nature called....

   




     Made the early trip from the west and got down to the water at 640. Beautiful water. Lots of it white. Outgoing tide. Big waves breaking on the trough. I lasted about 20 minutes before I felt that outing-killer-rumble in my lower intestines......later, got to go. I wish I was able to hang around and bet about 9am it was really good for the fly rodder.


     I spoke with a buddy who got five a little north before he had to go to work. At 55 degrees on December 3rd who can complain as long as there is something biting.


There was a little surprise, well a big one, when an alive bluefin tuna washed ashore down on IBSP. I wonder if it was in on the sand eels and got caught up on a tide or was sick or injured and just gave up. And more about big surprises is the beast caught down in VA, allegedly 75 pounds.

514 PM update- fish came in at 52 pounds 10 ounces. Trick photography and fake news.