Wednesday, January 11, 2017

01.11.17 Nice few birthday days down in Atlantic City.....



     Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Today's my 49th and tomorrow is Theresa's, well, birthday.  Decided to take advantage of the generous comps from the Borgata and did a nice two night/three day trip. I tell all of my friends, if you haven't signed up for the Red Label, or Black Label, if you're a big spender, cards then do so ASAP. Every other month we get comped two nights, a comedy show, and a buffet dinner for two. And we are not big spenders and gamble responsibly. 


    One must stop is Angelo's on Fairmont Ave which is just on the other side of the bridge as you enter AC. Great for lunch or dinner. Good gravy. Nice and old school. We came out of dinner Monday night and got a call that my daughter was heading over to the ER at Mt Sinai in NYC, so we just started heading north. She's got a pretty bad ear infection and she was seen and discharged and we brought her home to her Mom. We did stop at Clancy's for some Irish Potato Soup and were back in the Borgata by 2 am. 




     The next morning we hit the tables around 10 am and started winning and drinking. We got up and stayed up (winning) the entire time, doing well at BlackJack together and Theresa on the slots. The comedy show was great and we ended up this morning back at the table and the slots where we went up some more before getting greedy. 



     I wanted to hit the Bass Pro Shop on the way out of town and enjoyed looking around and became interested in a William Joseph collapsable stripping basket. I have been using the Orvis one for years but was surprised at how comfortable this was. I grabbed a fly rod and stripped line into the basket and decided to but it. What I really liked was the padded back and side support. It went for $34.99. 



     Knowing that we were going to need some lunch we decided to go to the Shady Rest on Route 9 in Bayville. We reached out to Bob (Popovic's) and even though he wasn't there it was, as usual, a great call. Great food. Great service. And fun hanging at the inside bar with Sharon. As usual I found myself looking on all of the walls for Bob and fishing related items, and loved this mount of Bob releasing a striped bass. I'm going to have to get a picture of me doing the same this year and get one done. Really cool.