Friday, April 22, 2016

04.22.16 Great day walking the bay.....


     Beautiful day. Great tide. Great wind (almost none). Great fish. It was nice to actually get into some fish and have me immediate area basically to myself and another fly rodder early on. When I arrived the plug guys were crushing them and after about 150 casts I got my first follows and misses and then connected. Had a few come unbuttoned but in the end landed three, which is really fun on the fly rod and from the flat. It's takes a spin fisher awhile to get them in, well it takes flyrodders even longer. The go to was a Bob's Banger with about 6 inches of a wire leader in front of it. Of course it wasn't easy because they weren't at your feet so the stripping baskets were basically submerged the whole morning. Best part of the day was sight casting to fins as they moved up and over the flat I was on, so much better than blind casting. Lots of guys must love the big blues because it was hard not to trip over them when walking off the beach.