Thursday, January 22, 2015

01.22.15 Getting ready for Somerset......


     It's that time of year again.......and boy do we need it. It's not like we all have cabin fever because winter hasn't really set in yet. But, if you are a saltwater fly fisherman you have most likely been hibernating since October. 
     I have been going to The Fly Fishing show since it's early years. I worked The Fly Hatch booth with my buddy Dave Choinard several years and a few years back hung my hat at the Orvis booth for the weekend. Since Orvis wasn't in attendance last year I figured it was time to man-up. So this year I'll have a booth at C-17. I'm looking to see old friends and clients and meet new ones. In addition to the booth I'll be giving a few talks. "Fly fishing and Kids, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" at 5 o'clock on Friday and 230 on Sunday in the Women's Showcase Room. On Friday I will be presenting "Fly Fishing the Jersey Jetties" in the Techniques Room. 
     It looks like a good weekend for the show and hopefully the snow isn't to bad and gets people to come out and stay for a while.