Monday, May 19, 2014

05.19.14 Pretty morning but no takers.....



     Last night I convinced myself....."I am going to catch a big bass tomorrow before first light on my spey rod.... I am going to catch a big bass tomorrow before first light on my spey rod....I am going to catch a big bass tomorrow before first light on my spey rod...." Well, that didn't happen.

    Started out before first light throwing a black Montauk Monster with the spey off the front of the groin. Few birds here and there picking at small stuff but I didn't see any bunker or any signs of fish around. Jumped a set of rocks and found Richie with a spinning rod in hand having the same luck as me, at one point one of us saying, " It's over."

     Couldn't have asked for a prettier morning but the 46 degree air temps called for the StormR jacketto stay warm. Things should get better on the beach soon. My next few trips in the salt at the end of the week will be on the boat so we'll see.

Off to the Upper Delaware....