Saturday, March 15, 2014

03.15.14 Great kick-off in Marlton for Orvis Spring Fishing Days.....



     Had a great time with a great group of people down at the Orvis Marlton store. Today kicks off "Orvis Spring Fishing Days" and it was a good way to spend a Saturday. I must first thank fly fishing manager Andy Hamilton for setting things up and getting the food and refreshments and new store manager Kathy Gannon for having me. Not only did Andrew help me with the talks, he helped me out with a plethera of spey knowledge and information. This spring I will be using my spey rod a lot more so it was perfect timing to talk with him about it. Thanks again Andrew.


     I went on at 11 and talked about the Upper Delaware and had a great audience with lots of interest and questions. The group was a mix of beginner and experienced fly fishers and I think all have put a float trip on the Upper D on their to do list. I look forward to fishing this spring with those that booked a trip with me up there in May. After about an hour and some change we broke and finished off the drinks and eats before settling down for the afternoon saltwater presentation. 


     I was surprised that all of the morning group stuck around and we were joined by a few more people that pulled a nice comfy leather chair and sat in. The presentations ended by 230 and then the crew mingled around checking out the store. Not only is the store stocked with the latest Orvis has to offer it has great help in Andrew and Marc in the fly fishing department. 



     Orvis will be running their Fly Fishing 101 classes starting April. Below is the schedule for Marlton but check on the Orvis website and your closest store will have their schedule posted or call them for details. It's a great way for beginners, novices, and experienced anglers (Orvis 301) to learn just about everything fly fishing.

Again I would like to thank everyone that came out and I look forward to fishing with those that booked trips on the Delaware and in the salt. Have a great spring!