Friday, February 7, 2014

02.07.14 Back to the Adirondacks.....


     Heading up to the Adirondacks for a visit with my one week old niece, June. It will be my first time back since the fall when we sold the two houses on the West Branch of the Ausable in Ausable Forks.
Even though I finally became okay with the sale, for many deep reasons, it will still be weird returning to the Forks and not having a place to hang my hat. I say that even though I know one of the houses was uninhabitable and the other in dire need of help since Hurricane Irene and Sandy wreaked havoc on the town.
      I know you can't look back and Monday morning quarterback life's decisions but I am in a super duper analyze my life stage right now. I can't help but look back at all the dumb and bad decisions I have made in life. Now, that may be a little harsh, as I have to say I have made a few good ones, but the bad ones do really stick out and leave me shaking my head.
     Anyway, it should be a nice weekend away with my sister and her family. I wish we were heading to warmer weather, but right now its 7 degrees in Saranac Lake, and its snowing! Great!