Thursday, December 19, 2013

12.19.13 Nice twilight fishing on the rocks.....



      I saw some fish with my own eyes. As the light left the sky I saw some swirls in the wash and even saw a few fish come out of the water. Problem is, I'm not sure what they were. Schoolie bass? Shad? Herring? Couldn't get a good bead on them and I couldn't catch them either. Started with a white Snake Fly then went to black, since it seems blurple colored SP Minnows seem to have been working for the spin guys. Went the swirls started I went to a sand eel pattern working the wash, and the south to north sweep, on the incoming tide. Couldn't have asked for a prettier evening with air temps just below 50 degrees. The weather guys are calling for 40, 50, even 60 degree air temps this weekend. Would like to give the boat a shot but the winds are going to be honking SW from 20 to 50 Friday to Sunday. It'll still make for some nice winter days on the beach with a fly rod.