Sunday, November 3, 2013

11.03.13 Nice to have light out before 6 a.m.


     With the clocks turned back and hour it was nice to have first light before 6 and not 7 a.m. I don't think the bass turned their clocks back though. Today I got down at 5 am two hours before high tide. The wind was from the northwest and the swells from the southeast most of the morning. Tough to find good fly fishing locations this morning until the tide turned and the surf calmed down a bit. It got my hopes up.
     As the mid-morning arrived the winds kicked up but the fishing didn't. Lots of anglers out but only one bass was caught on the five or so spots I stopped at. I did make one catch, as my hat blew off my head into the water on the outgoing tide. I had to make a bunch of casts but got the hat to "bite" on the Snake Fly.