Sunday, February 17, 2013

02.17.13 Making way for the new fly tying room....good bye "Total Gym"



     I am in the process of making a large part of my basement, aka Man-Cave, well Man-Mess, into a fly tying haven. There will be enough room for me to tie, my daughter to tie, and any other buddies or clients that want to come over and tie as well. My desk, 8 feet wide by 3 feet deep, will always be organized and my materials will be in arms reach and in their rightful place. This should only take me a year or so to complete. Actually weeks I am hoping.
     Luckily I had my two teenage sone who were able to help me load up all kinds of sh%t into my truck for a ride tomorrow to the dump. If you look closely in the above picture you can see a 40 yard dumpster in front of my neighbor's house.....mmmmmmmm. One of the items that just had to go was the...."Total Gym". What kind of family buys a Total Gym, we do, or did.
   
                         



     Of all the bad purchases we have made, this one is just about tops. Not that money wasn't wasted with good intentions, it was, but it just plain sucks. It was so bad and so cumbersome...it wasn't even worth returning, so it sat in the basement for the last four years. According to Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley this gym can do anything and it will transform you with just a little daily effort. The only problem is if you have two legs using it in nearly impossible. Each member of my family tried it while the other members watched and almost wet themselves.
     The Total Gym was developed in 1974 by Tom Campanaro and in 1997 Norris and Brinkley teamed up to pimp it out on QVC and other infomercials. To date it has over $1.2 billion in sales, including our $300.

I guess the below video is what got me interested....



And then there's Christie only, a few years ago.....



Stay tuned as I'll post pictures from my completed fly tying room. Good bye Total Gym!