Tuesday, July 24, 2012

07.24.12 Okay, okay, okay....have to plug my LOCAL shop


                                                                

     So I walk into my favorite local, well not so local to me, tackle shop and the owner Max says, "I see you really like that Rob and that Orvis shop......" I know what that means, "Hey, can I get a little blog love every now and then?" So here's my love to a newer start up tackle shop....
     Owner Max Berry opened Pride Fishing Tackle on East Front Street in Red Bank in 2011. In these difficult times, with fly shops especially closing down, it's always good to see a new store thats conventional or fly open and make it. Pride is located next to Riverview Hospital and is a stones throw away from the Navesink River.



      When I stopped in today Max was making Islander rigs to team up with ballyhoo he has in the freezer for those heading out for tuna or sailfish. In addition he's loaded up with all the stuff you need for the fluke and bluefish bite and the upcoming fall run. 
     Max said this weekend is Red Bank's sidewalk sale throughout the town and he'll have lots out front with great deals on clothing, tackle, and rods. 


                                           


And then, in the far corner of the store is something I can relate to. Max was given two fly rods that he said he would be breaking out sometime......that was in the spring, and they're still in the same spot!