Friday, May 11, 2012

05.11.12 If you are fishing for bait...please let the juvies go


     For the past month bunker has invaded our back bays and rivers and anglers have been netting or snagging bunker to liveline or snag and drop or chunk, or freeze for later. Today I was watching as a few guys were snagging and I couldn't help but notice some 4-5 inch peanut bunker dried up after being left for dead after most likely being caught in a cast net. Doesn't make sense to me at all. The other thing I saw was plenty of bunker with the tails cut and the rest left out for the flies. That relly doesn't make sense to me at all.

Guys if you are going to harvest and use it, then fine....but the little ones please return to the water and at least use the bigger ones or kick them into the water for the crabs.

No bait = no bass. Please protect the resource.



4-5 inch peanuts ??