Wednesday, March 28, 2012

03.28.12 Out for a scout and threw the big flies tonight


     After a busy day I finished up taking the big bunker flies I tied last night down to the ocean to give them a test drive. I fished two, and both were great to cast and rode in the water well. It was low tide and just before I arrived a guy had two keepers, one at 14 pounds. I plan on giving it a go tonight, or early tomorrow morning. 
     I started my day down at Betty and Nicks buying up some good bucktail that John had said he got in. On my way home I stopped by the Point Pleasant Canal to see if anyone was fishing, and then over to the Manasquan Inlet. I saw one guy fishing between both stops. 


     My last stop before getting home to knock out a bunch of office stuff was the Belmar Marina. I wanted to see how work was coming along on the boat ramp. Below is a picture of the progress. I stopped over at Belmar Town Hall and was told it looks like mid-May for a completion goal, if the DEP gives them the thumbs up. It's starting to feel fishy again, just sayen'.